- Tour Plan
- Information / Highlights
- Similar Tours
- The Itinerary of Day Trip to the imperial city of Fes
Your driver will pick you up at 7:00 from your accommodation in Casablanca. You will then make 300 kilometers to Fez in a comfortable private vehicle. On your arrival in Fez, you will meet your guide who will lead you to the discovery of the old medina inscribed on the UNESCO world heritage. you will start with Bab Boujloud, also called blue door. Then visit the Medersa Bou Inania, a renowned theological college built by a merenid dynasty and El-Attarine, Koranic schools for religious schools, as well as the university and the Al-Karaouine mosque. Visit the Nejjarine Museum of Arts and Crafts and discover traditional tools, carpets, furniture and musical instruments.
After a lunch break in one of the hundreds of restaurants in the medina, continue to the famous tanneries, where the leather is still transformed as it was hundreds of years ago. Watch the workers from the lookout and learn more about the different jobs, and even negotiate a new bag or belt later.
In the heart of the old town, the fascinating souks will draw you on a visit to a craftsman, pretty squares and long rows of stalls selling everything from fresh spices to artisanal products from all over the country. Before returning to Casablanca, visit the tombs of Merenid, a 14th century monument with magnificent views of the Sebou Valley. After visiting the tombs, start the return trip to Casablanca, where you will be dropped around 18:00.
Good to know
- Air-conditioned minivan or 4WD Fuel included
- Bottled water
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- English speaking driver guide
- Official art historian guide
- Personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned in the program
- Tips and gratuities
- Entrance Fees
- Enjoy a panoramic view of the entire medina
- Enjoy an interesting guided tour through the medina
- Explore the famous tanneries and buy leather souvenirs
- See old schools, museums and even a caravanserai