- Tour Plan
- Information / Highlights
- Similar Tours
- The Itinerary of Day Trip to Rabat ( the capital of Morocco)
Take a full day trip from Casablanca to Rabat. The first visit to make when you are in Rabat is the Hassan tower; Symbol of Rabat and Morocco. The tower was originally intended to be the minaret of the largest mosque in the Muslim world, which unfortunately has never been completed. You also explore the mausoleum Mohammed V; Royal Tombs of the last 3 kings: King Mohammed V and his two sons, Moulay Abdellah and Hassan II.
The second most important place of Rabat is the Kasbah of Oudayas. An old fortified military camp with all the houses and alleys painted in blue and white. Inside, you can visit a former military prison, gardens and a museum.
You also visit the ruins of Chellah; the calmest place in Rabat; It is an ideal place to relax and stroll on the site, far from the noise of the medina. During your walk, you will surely have the opportunity to see storks fly over the site and have decided to nest on the remains of the minaret.
In addition, you explore the archeology museum of Rabat, one of the most beautiful museums in Morocco and the richest of all that relates to the prehistoric and pre-Islamic world. And after, you visit the villa of arts: the door of arts and culture in Morocco.
Finally go through the cornice and admire the beautiful landscapes from the Bouregreg valley. Before going on sale (small town near Rabat) to discover its historical monuments, its cultural heritage, its old ramparts, its pretty streets and the old architecture of its houses and souks.
Good to know
- Air-conditioned minivan or 4WD Fuel included
- Bottled water
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- English speaking driver guide
- Local guide
- Personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned in the program
- Tips and gratuities
- Entrance Fees
- Visit of the villa of arts: the door of arts and culture in Morocco.
- Go through the ramparts of Rabat and visit the royal palace (outside).
- Visit of the Hassan tower: the symbol of Rabat and Morocco.
- Visit Mohammed V mausoleum: the royal tomb of the last 3 kings of Morocco.
- Visit the archaeological museum of Rabat.
- Visit of the Oudaya Kasbah: old castle and military base of Moresque’s.
- Visit the Ruins of Chellah and the Merinid royal tombs