- Tour Plan
- Information / Highlights
- Similar Tours
- The Itinerary of Day Trip to the Middle Atlas Mounatins
Enjoy the beauty and clean air of the Middle Atlas region on this full-day excursion from Fez, located at an altitude of 1350 m in the Atlas Mountains.
During this day trip, you will also discover Azrou, a Berber village built at 1250 m altitude and home to Berber tribes houses, first inhabitants of Morocco. Look at Berber men with their flocks, grinding flour, exercising their trades, especially tapestry and carpentry. If you are interested, we will visit a cooperative run by women who wave Berber carpets to discover the secrets of these beautiful carpets of atlases.
A little further away is the best preserved cedar forest in Morocco, where you can see Barbary monkeys jumping; you can give them peanuts and take pictures. Along the cedar forest trail, you can even see the gray swirls of the Atlas or wild boar.
We will stop for lunch in a local restaurant where you will taste a traditional Moroccan Tajjine, then we will continue our journey to explore Ifran or the "Little Switzerland", cross the flowery avenues and admire the French architecture of this picturesque little town.
Good to know
- Explore the city of Ifran the small Switzerland of Morocco
- Enjoy a Moroccan traditional tajins in Azrou
- Stroll through the beautiful Cedar Forest and meet the wild barbabry monkeys
- Visit to a rugs cooperative and discover the secrets of berber carpet
- Admire the beautiful landscapes and the green plains of atlas mountains
- Explore a Berber village at the top of the Atlas Mountains