- Tour Plan
- Information / Highlights
- Similar Tours
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
Fez - Midelt - Ziz Valley - Merzouga
Leave your accommodation in Fez and head to Merzouga via Ifran, the small Switzerland of Morocco, then head to the cedar forest of Azrou; where we will stop to meet the monkeys climb on the cedars then continue through the mountains of the Middle Atlas and the Ziz valley and its gorges and Errachidia. We will stop for lunch at a local restaurant in Midelt. and then continue to the city of Erfoud taking advantage of the changing landscapes and landscapes along the mountains and valleys. Erfoud, famous for being the capital of fossils. Arrived in Merzouga, the day will be devoted to appreciate the peace of the desert. Accommodation in a hotel near the dunes.
Merzouga - Erg Chebbi - Merzouga
After breakfast, we will walk the tracks of the "Rallye Paris-Dakar" to visit the Berber nomads of the desert with whom we will have tea and discover their way of life, and visit some oases where movies have been filmed like "Sahara". We will visit the city of "Blacks", the village of slaves from Sudan and Mali, and enjoy a moment while listening to their spiritual music. Stop for lunch (traditional Madfouna Moroccan dishes), then return to the hotel and then embark on a new adventure on a camel. The dromedaries will take us to the dunes to contemplate an unforgettable sunset. Very special night at the desert camp in the dunes in nomadic tents; Here we will enjoy a Berber dinner, music and a starry sky like you've never seen before. Dinner and accommodation in the unforgettable nomad camp.
Merzouga - The Gorges of Todra - Valley of Roses - Ouarzazate
You will get up early to admire the beautiful sunrise and climb the dunes, then go back up the camels to have your breakfast and continue towards Ouarzazate via Rissani where you will stop a little to visit their traditional souk, considered the biggest of all. the south of Morocco then continue to the Gorges du Todra, the Dades Valley, the Valley of Roses and the oases of Skoura. Arrival in Ouarzazate and accommodation at the hotel.
Ouarzazate - Ait Ben Haddou - Marrakech
The trip is a succession of strong points. Today, you will visit one of the amazing old Kasbahs in Morocco. The Kasbah was a favorite place for many filmmakers. Many movies have been shot there. The Kasbah Ben Haddou is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. After visiting the Kasbah, we will continue to Marrakech through the High Atlas and its amazing landscapes crossing the highest road in Morocco, the Tichka Pass. We will follow the old caravan route that connected the two towns through the Ounila Valley, where kasbahs are built in caves and we will also drive to Telouet. After crossing the High Atlas, we will finally arrive in Marrakech. Transfer to your accommodation, end of our services.
NB: We suggest:
- Standard Tours: including Official art historian guide and accommodation in Selected 3 stars hotels and Riads, Standard desert camp at the desert
- Luxury Tours: including official art historian guide and accommodation in Selected Luxury hotel and Riads, luxury desert camp.
Good to know
- Air conditioned Minivan or 4WD
- Bottled water during the tour
- Camel ride for sunset and sunrise (one camel each)
- Half-board accommodations in selected hotels and Kasbahs
- Official art historian guide
- Overnight in desert camp dinner and breakfast included
- Professional English speaking driver
- Anything not mentioned in the program
- Entrance Fees
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Enjoy a romantic dinner in desert camp under the stars in Merzouga
- Explore the gorgeous gorges and canyons of Dades and Todra
- Meet the Barbary monkeys in the cedar forest of Azrou
- Ride camel and enjoy a beautiful sunset and sunrise over the sand dunes
- Explore the green palm groves and the valleys
- Explore the weekly berber markets in the villages and meet locals
- Discover the beautiful architecture of the UNESCO Kasbah
- Visit to the cinema studios in Ouarzazate